Friday, July 15, 2011

Thanks Blizz

So, my WoW account was hacked again before I left Batam, much to my horror. :S So i sent them an account recovery request and they replied to it within a day, and I only checked it last night and saw that they said

"Thank you for contacting the Game Master Department. We have reviewed our logs of your account. The account does not appear to have been accessed by an unauthorized user, and no damage was detected to any of your characters. Fortunately, it appears as though your account has been unharmed!"
To which I replied F YOU #!(^$Y@($ 


Ok no I didn't. I typed a detailed report this time:


"No, my account was hacked! I even know exactly when it took place, or at least the specific time range. So perhaps you could check your logs during that time period? The time which this took place was some time between Monday 11PM (GMT +8) to Tuesday 10AM (GMT +8)"


The actual message was longer than this but yea.


Then this morning I logged on to check, they actually replied almost immediately


'allo! Game Master Varmstad here! I am terribly sorry that I am unable to speak to you at the moment in-game about your issue, our ticket volume is rather high at the moment and we need to get it down before Deathwing decides to crack Azeroth in half. =P
Thank you for your patience and understanding while we investigated the situation that you reported. We have concluded our investigation of the account and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Emails will be sent for each character receiving a restoration.
After a thorough investigation, we have found this account to be eligible for restoration. The details of the characters and/or items restored are contained in emails sent to the accounts registered address. All restorations provided have been sent to your character's in-game mailboxes.


Lolol GM with a sense of humor as well. The first paragraph is with reference to the lore of Warcraft. So yup. All my stuff was restored, all the items (which I had already found upgrades for in my entire day of playing yesterday), and... more importantly.. My 6k GOLD!!! 
Whew. If I had lost this it would have been a big headache. Hard to gear up at 85 and max out my professions already.


So ok yup, I've attached an authenticator to my account now to keep it safe, any hackers can just go to hell now. 


K bye